Sunday, February 11, 2007

Winter...

If you've been watching the Weather Channel or CNN (or checking Google news this past week, you've probably seen the view from anywhere within 20 miles of where I live. While we expect snow in the winter, it's been late in coming and now that it has come, it just won't stop. A full week of lake effect snow is unusual even for us. Anyway, it's given me time to keep up with blogs and such, learn a few things about a new digital camera that I have and work with a site I found to do some new things with the pictures I've taken. Here's one example from Scrapblog. It's a little quirky to work with but makes some nice scrapbook-like pages. This would be another nice tool to give even upper elementary kids for digital storytelling. I was going to embed it, but it needs to be bigger than can be displayed here. Instead, here's a link to my scrapblog about winter in Central New York.

Some other sites for working with digital pictures that do a really nice job are:
Picnik
Phixr
Pixenate

No comments: